Neighborhood Resource Initiative
The Neighborhood Resource Initiative helps support your summer programming needs. Resources can include complimentary professional learning opportunities, SMU CORE data evaluations and/or micro-grants.
Dallas City of Learning is an initiative under the umbrella of Big Thought that focuses on the tenets of Access, Dosage and Quality for out of school time (OST) learning experiences. Partner Organizations are invited to apply for the Neighborhood Resources Initiative (NRI) for 2023 summer programming.
The application period for NRI closes at 5:00 pm C.S.T, Jan. 27, 2023.
Your application status does not prohibit you from participating and/or requesting the following resources:
- 6 Dimensions of Quality (6DQ) Observation and 1×1 Coaching for instructors. (1-day of observation and 1-day of coaching).
- Free admission to our annual professional development event: 2023 KICKS Conference
- Free online SEL Curriculum through seldallas.org
- Free data evaluation through SMU CORE (includes program roster, survey(s), and program observation)
- Dallas City of Learning platform support
- Financial stipend to support organizational and programming logistics*
*NRI applicants who participate in and receive financial support are expected to participate in the above-mentioned resources upon application approval.
Proposals with the greatest potential for receiving small grant resource will address the tenets of Access, Dosage, and Quality:
- Access to communities of opportunity within city of Dallas and surrounding areas
- Dosage in terms of duration of programming and demonstration of collaboration with community partners, city providers or institutions, and/or other organizations
- Quality of programming based on research and evaluation and demonstrated through youth success outcomes.
Once a proposal is submitted, it will be scored by an outside Advisory Committee using the NRI 2023 – RUBRIC
Barring any unforeseen issues, the NRI application timeline is as follows:
- Mon, Jan. 2, 2023, NRI application period opens
- Fri., Jan. 27, 2023, NRI application period closes
- Week of Feb. 27, 2023, Approved 2023 NRI Recipients are notified and sent Letter of Agreement (L.O.A) + additional information.
- Funding installments will begin in June
*Applicants must have an active Organization Admin profile on the Dallas City of Learning (DCoL) platform and a current organization website and/or other related working URL before applying. Contact Victoria Liguez at [email protected] for DCoL Platform support.
Partners Make it Possible | Los socios lo hacen posible
Partner organizations offer in person programs and at home learning opportunities through Dallas City of Learning. Check out some of our outstanding partner organizations!
Las organizaciones asociadas ofrecen programas en persona y oportunidades de aprendizaje en el hogar a través de Dallas City of Learning. ¡Vea algunas de nuestras organizaciones socias destacadas!
Follow Dallas City of Learning on Instagram
/dallascityoflearning | #weareDCOL